Friday, June 17, 2016

Don Quixote: Man From La Macha (movie review)

At first, I couldn't believe that the professor was showing us a movie on the week before the imminent finals. The movie was Man from La Macha and I was striken by the sheer majesty and brilliant deliverance of this fantastic film. Even though it was made so long ago, the quality excelled all the shit chick flicks and nonsense action trash movies of modern twenty first century. The actors were superb especially Don Quixote and Dulcinea. I didn't know if they lip synced the songs (which they probably did) but it was the songs that made this movie come alive and I just can't get the lyrics out of my head. The two best songs are I am I, Don Quixote and of course eye roll, the Impossible Dream. How does one come up with such touching great lyrics? How does one create such art? Such beauty complied in words? Words are a source of salvation. We turn to them when we need to flee. They offer escape from the mundane and unbearable. They make us realize that we do have the power to bear with unbearable sorrow. I have always been a lover of words and I think that is the reason why I always find the urge within me to write something that can capture beauty's essence. Let us descend into the abyss of poetry. Let us bend and barter at word's song. Let us follow that quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment