Saturday, June 18, 2016

Why Do I Study? (life questions)

Some ask why do you study? with their spiteful and barely concealed disdained looks directed at me. I simply shrug and brush them off with: why not? after all, what is the point of life if you don't study and work your ass off for that little grade? they often make a disgusted face and dismiss my reply, going back to their sorely mundane lives as a social bigot preying on their parents' hard earned cash. But the answer is not as simply as that. I write to impress. I write to languish the professors with my words. To make them submit to me and make them think I am indeed someone that was "different" from the rest. Not your average dull thickheaded student that is wasting his/ her time studying a major that they have zero interest in. NO. I am not like them. I study, I work, I preview. I do all that shit. I do it so that when the time comes, I can prove myself to be above them. In the end, it is the only weapon I have. The only arsenal that I can wield against this system of injustice that reward those who often don't even open books and just win at life with their looks. I am not jealous of their lives. I am jealous of the way they can choose to let go and not feel guilt about not getting straight As. I guess I am driven by guilt and also by the desire to prove to the world that yes, I was special even though I may not be. This is why I study and that is all there is to it. The world still goes round after finals and time won't stop to congratulate me for overcoming this milestone. It is for my own satisfaction and for my parents' sake that I study. You needn't ask more...

No comments:

Post a Comment